FOODS THAT COULD BOOST THE IMMUNE SYSTEM:
From: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/foods-that-boost-the-immune-system and other health sources (Keep’em Cards,“Power Up your Immune System”). Always use organic foods when possible. It can take up to 2-3 months to power up your gut in defense of sickness, diseases, and viruses.
Always consult your doctor when beginning a new food consumption regiment, also do not consume if allergic. (Below are Some Natural Foods which may help prevent colds and flu…many people overlook the fact that gut building is essential for good health, some of these foods are listed below)
1. Citrus Fruits: The recommended daily amount for most adults is: 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men….If you opt for supplements, avoid taking more than 2,000 milligrams (mg) a day. Oranges, grapefruit (can not be eaten with some heart medications), clementines, tangerines, lemons, limes
2. Red Bell Peppers: Ounce for ounce, red bell peppers contain almost 3 times as much vitamin C (127 mg Trusted Source) as a Florida orange (45mg Trusted Source). Also a rich source of beta carotene,besides boosting your immune system, vitamin C may help youmaintain healthy skin.
3. Broccoli: Super charged with Vit. C, A, & E and many antioxidants, eat raw is the best.
4. Garlic: Fights infections and hardening of the arteries
5. Ginger: Helps decrease inflammation, and may have cholesterol fighting properties.
6. Spinach: Rich in Vit. C and antioxidants
7. Low sugar or plain Yogurt with live cultures (other pre-biotic & probiotic foods & fermented foods/and other supplements): Stimulate immune system and may help fight disease.
8. Cruciferous Veggies: High in Vit. C, K, & E kale, collard greens, mustard greens, Chinese cabbage
9. Almonds: Source of Vit. C & antioxidants
10. High Vit. E Foods: Avocados, dark leafy greens, & Sunflower Seeds
11. Mushrooms: Gut building benefits, immunity support for the mouth and respiratory tract
12. Good Fats: EVO Organic Olive Oil, Avocados: & other good fats
13. Green Tea: Antioxidant properties & compounds which can help the body fight viruses such as influenza
14. Shell Fish (High in Zinc): Oysters, Crab, Lobster, Mussels
15. Berries (Especially Blueberries): High in antioxidants like Vit.C
16. Apples: source of soluble fiber which can build the immune system
17. Kiwi: High in Vit. C
18. Onions: Anti-Cancer quercetin
19. Ginger: anti-inflammatory and antioxidants
Vitamin Supplements: A, E , C, K2, D3, Zinc